- *1948 in Coesfeld/Westfalen
- Studied medicine and psychology in Münster, Heidelberg and at Stanford University on a grant from the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
- 1977 Doctorate at the Chair of Vocational and Social Medicine, Heidelberg University
- 1978-1980 Assistant doctor at the Department of Psychotherapy and Medical Psychology of the Heidelberg University Medical School
- 1981 Medical Director of the Psychotherapy Department at the State Hospital Weinsberg.
- 1982 Return to the Department of Psychotherapy and Medical Psychology in Heidelberg
- 1984 Additional medical qualification in psychotherapy (specialist physician for psychotherapeutic medicine)
- 1986 Senior resident. Habilitation (Qualification for lecturing at a university) with the thesis „Subjective Illness Theory and Preventive Behavior“ (published by Springer under the title „Cancer and Anxiety“).
- 1987-1991 Professor of Medical Psychology at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Since 1991 Medical Director of the Institute of Medical Psychology, Centre for Psychosocial Medicine, University Hospital of Heidelberg
Main research interests:
subjective illness theories, psycho-oncology, pain research, spiritual care, health psycholology, psychology of fertility, substance use and abuse, music therapy
Print this page as .PDF..